Stage IV Melanoma Treatment Options. New!
Welcome to this guide, Stage IV Melanoma Treatment Options: Making the Decision That’s Right for You. You can use this guide to discuss therapeutic options for managing Stage IV melanoma with your patients. The document addresses
- Stage IV melanoma clinical picture, biomarkers and pathology, and disease and patient factors involved in decision making
- Efficacy, safety, administration, financial considerations, and family-planning aspects of targeted therapies, immune checkpoint inhibitors, high-dose IL-2, intralesional therapies, and other therapies used for stage IV melanoma
- Management of brain metastases, including radiation therapy
- Clinical trials, including an overview of emerging therapies being studied
- Survivorship and advanced care planning
- Diagnosis (including biopsy techniques) as well as an overview of imaging
- Practical patient resources for financial aid and other aspects of support
This pamphlet was produced through a collaboration of AIM at Melanoma Foundation and Terranova Medica, LLC. Faculty oversight was provided by
- Anna Pavlick, BSN, MSc, DO, MBA Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology & Medical Oncology Weill Cornell Medicine College New York, New York
- Michael A. Postow, MD Co-Lead, Melanoma Disease Management Team Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Assistant Professor of Medicine Weill Cornell Medical College New York, New York
The development of this guide was supported by unrestricted educational grants from Alkermes; Amgen; Bristol Myers Squibb; and Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation.
We hope you find this guide helpful in supporting shared decision making with your patients with Stage IV melanoma.