The Melanoma Nursing Initiative – Home Forums Targeted therapy Other Adjuvant targeted therapy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m curious with the recent approval this week of Dabrafenib and trametinib for resected stage III disease how do you anticipate incorporating this class of agents into your adjuvant practice?

I think we are more likely to give immunotherapy adjuvantly. The side affects of dabrafenib especially the pyrexia are very difficult for patients to maintain their normal lifestyle. I think that dabrafenib and tramatenib do have a place adjuvantly with patients who can’t recieve immunotherapy such as those with precious history of colitis or other autoimmune conditions or organ transplant patients.

Anonymous

Hi Lisa–
        such a great question. I agree with Rajni. The oral targeted therapies are very challenging for many patients. There will definitely be a select group of patients in which these agents are used in the adjuvant setting, but the pyrexia and febrile syndrome make them quite challenging in more advanced melanoma patients.

Anonymous

I also agree with you all. I think that providers will start with IO unless it is contraindicated (pre-existing autoimmune disease, etc.). Plus, we all know how horribly the disease “explodes” once resistant to BRAF therapy. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Activity